Sunday, August 1, 2010

Growing Up

Ian is growing up so quickly before my very eyes.  He is talking more and more and one of his favorite things to say these days (besides momma and daddy) is Elmo!  Except he says "Melmo" which is just the cutest thing ever.  And last night, I asked him to say "meow" because we were talking about the kitty and he said "eeeeoww."  So I think it's disgustingly adorable that he doesn't use the "em" sound to say "meow" but then he uses the "em" sound to say "Elmo".  He also understands a lot more than he can say.  He understands it when we say, "Go get daddy's shoe," "close the door" and "put it back."  He really likes it when I do "This little piggy went to market" with his toes and says "More more more" each time we finish it (except it sounds like "Mawh mawh mawh").  It looks like he is also cutting his first canine tooth - the one on the upper left side.  And most impressively, Ian uses a spoon to eat (although I'm going to have to give daycare credit for that achievement).  See for yourself:

1 comment:

the baby baker said...

he's so good at it! i'm impressed! :)

(btw, this is me from ventingvagina.wordpress.com)