Sunday, August 22, 2010

Happy ICLW!

Thanks for stopping by!  My infertility story is fairly simple.  My husband suffers from poor sperm morphology and we immediately qualified as IVF/ICSI candidates in 2008.  We're lucky to live in Massachusetts, which has mandatory IVF coverage.  Since we felt strongly about not having multiples, and since we didn't have to pay for IVF out of our own pockets, we chose to do a single day 3 embryo transfer after our first round of IVF and it worked!!!  We were able to freeze 3 additional embryos from that IVF round and have since embarked on a journey to have a second child.  FET #1 this past June resulted in a BFN and the transfer for FET #2 is scheduled for this coming Thursday.  I am hopeful that FET #2 will work, but understand that we got super lucky with our IVF and that the statistics are not pulling in our favor.  I am writing this blog to memorialize my experiences (good and bad) and help me remember all of the amazing things about raising my child.  I read blogs to lend support to others who have not been as fortunate as me and to remind me every single day of how lucky I am.  Good luck girls!!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your right, We do have alot in common. Especially since my due date was 3/16 but London came a few weeks early. Good luck with your FET, I can't wait to see how things go. I am now your newest follower.

Aly
Iclw# 155

Anonymous said...

FET #2 WILL work! xo!

Anonymous said...

Best of luck to you on your secon FET. Your son is adorable.

ICLW

Chon said...

HI Maddy
Thanks for your comments! I will be following with interest now that I have another FET person to follow.
Good luck!!

Glass Case of Emotion said...

You are very lucky your first IVF worked, and what a cutie you have too! Good luck as you pursue #2...

-Jess #74

BabyWid said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I wish you all the best on your up coming transfer. I hope this round will give you a BFP!

Megan

Saige said...

I am so happy to read that you had success on the first try! I hope and pray this next cycle results in a BFP for you. The IF community needs and loves good success stories, so here's to your being another one in just over two weeks. :)

cdg said...

Thank you for your kind words on my blog. That is amazing about the insurance coverage in your state, if only others were so forward thinking. I wanted to wish you tons of luck for this upcoming FET. Crossing my fingers and toes for you.

hopeisafourletterword said...

Happy ICLW! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your little boy is just darling! Wishing you much luck with your FET!

Jill said...

Here's hoping it works for you! Keep your everything crossed! :) I will!

ICLW #147