Thursday, August 26, 2010

FET #2 Transfer Successful!

Our transfer was tentatively scheduled for 11 am this morning.  I got the go/no go call this morning at 8:40 am and it was a go!  So I knew that at least one of our embryos survived the thaw.  But they asked if we could come early, for a 10:40 am transfer.  No problem!  I've had problems in the past having an overly full bladder and so I didn't drink too much before we left and I drank nothing during our 20 minute car ride.  When we arrived at 9:40 am, I took the valium and started drinking just a little bit (but not too much because I knew we had another hour before the transfer).  Around 10:10 am they asked how I was doing and I told them that my bladder was starting to feel full.  They said "Good!" because the woman who was scheduled to have a transfer before me didn't have a full bladder and they wanted to switch me with her.  So off we went and although I wasn't sure that my bladder was full enough, it was apparently PERFECT.  Yeah!  I guess the 3rd time is the charm (since I had an overly full bladder for my IVF and FET #1).

They ended up needing to thaw only one of our two frozen embryos.  Just like FET #1, the embryo thawed perfectly and lost no cells.  So this morning, we transferred one 6-celled day 3 embryo.  It was graded as a 6AF, which is the same grade of embryo that produced our son Ian.  For details on what this embryo grading means, read towards the bottom of this earlier post.

And now I'm just relaxing on the couch, watching baby stories on TLC.  :-)  The valium makes me very sleepy and sluggish.  I told my husband that he's officially on call with our son for the next 3 days.  I'm going to try very hard not to pick him up or carry him around.  He's over 26 pounds now!  I'm super happy that everything seemed to go well.  The embryo thawed perfectly and the transfer went smoothly.  I'm hopeful, but I'm going to try very hard not to get my hopes up too much.  After all, the embryo thawed well and the transfer went smoothly for FET #1 and that resulted in a BFN.  And now, I just have to pass the time during the dreaded 2ww (although I'm probably going to POAS in 8 days, which would be 11 dpo).

6 comments:

Erica said...

Good luck with the FET! Hoping you get that BFP!

Anonymous said...

yay! you're PUPO momma!!!!

so glad everything went so well and how awesome that you got moved up a bit. great job on the bladder, too! i learned my lesson on that after IVF and FET#1. ever since then, i've been drinking way less than they tell me and they still say it's perfect!

hoping y(our) embies are snuggling in! maybe i'll stop work for the afternoon and go watch TV or read. (work = laptop in bed while i'm in a reclined position)

and i think you're POAS before me! next friday? i'm not that brave!

xo!

Kakunaa said...

Congrats on a smooth transfer and being PUPO!!!!

Anonymous said...

keep me posted on your symptoms! i have sore boobs and have for the last 5 days or so (has to be from the PIO) but i'm hoping they get more sore!

and i'll definitely POAS before the beta too. i could NEVER just wait for a call. i'll likely wait until next saturday when i can be home with my DH and not have to go to work. i'll be 11dp5dt then.

Tina said...

Ian is adorable! Congratulations on the successful FET transfer. Praying you get a BFP!!!

Happy ICLW!
#171

Whitney said...

Really hope this one is a BFP for you!!!