Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Lost (and Found!) Sock

I know that every mother can go on and on about her child.  And I know I'm about to do that here.  But I'm truly surprised and impressed by my almost 17 month old son.  Yesterday, I dressed him in socks and sneakers to go to the park.  When we got home, he wanted to take them off and so we did.  Like the slobs that we are, we just dumped his socks and sneakers on the floor of our den.  Ian LOVES socks and shoes and started playing with them.  At some point, one of his socks went missing.  My husband and I had NO idea what he did with it and after looking half-heartedly for about 15 minutes, we just assumed we would eventually find it.  This morning, I was chatting with Ian and I said, "Where is your sock?  Where did you put your sock yesterday?  Neither daddy nor momma could find your sock?  Where is it?"  Ian looked at me with an expression of confusion and then understanding and then ran to his room.  He went over to his dresser and pulled open the drawer that had all of his shorts.  My husband took a look and sure enough, beneath the clean shorts we had just piled in there was his sock.  Unreal.