Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day 1 of Solo Parenting COMPLETED!

My husband is away for the weekend on his Bike for MS ride. It's a 150 mile bike ride from Quincy, MA to Provincetown, MA over 2 days. He's been looking forward to this weekend for a while and I'm so happy that he had a good ride today (although he reported that his ass hurts mightily from the seat on the new bike). I was worried that it would be tough to be alone with Ian all weekend. I solo parented last year on this same weekend, but that was with a 3 month old who didn't walk, open cabinets, or stick his hands into the toilet. And it turns out that Ian and I had a FANTABULOUS day. He woke up really early (5:10 am) and didn't nap all that well (only 1 hour and 20 minutes), but he was a super happy and fun kid today. In the morning, my mother-in-law came over to watch Ian while I mowed the lawn. Then after Ian's nap, we went to the grocery store (where Ian got a treat of 2 Dunkin Donut munchkins). Then we had a neighbor's birthday party to go to. When Ian hit his crib tonight at 7:30 pm, he was asleep in less than 30 seconds. Awesome stuff. I can honestly say that I truly enjoyed every single minute of today (well, except for maybe the moments when Ian decided it would be fun to sit on my stomach and then jump up and down...I felt bad for the poor little embryo trying to snuggle in!)

No comments: