Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Waiting Game

I am currently 6 days post 3-day transfer or 9 dpo. I'm not going to bother POAS until Saturday for a couple of reasons. The first reason is that I didn't get my first positive pregnancy stick with my first pregnancy until 11 dpo and even then the line was so faint, I wasn't sure the test was positive. The second reason is whether or not the news is good or bad, I won't want to go into work right afterwards. So I'm waiting until Saturday to POAS.

I go back and forth in thinking I'm pregnant. At first, I was sure it worked because I was having a lot of uterine cramps and that's how it felt like when I was pregnant with Ian. But then my symptoms starting decreasing and my boobs don't hurt at all, which I think is a bad sign. My boobs were KILLING me when I was pregnant with Ian. But I can't remember exactly when they started hurting and so maybe it's too early still? Either way, I'm trying hard not to drive myself nuts, but it's hard to keep my mind off every single thing I feel. I will say, however, that this 2 week wait is unbelievably easier than the 2 week wait with Ian.

My parents came into town yesterday for a visit. My dad really wanted to finish the work that he started in our den (and my mom really wanted to escape the Florida heat and see Ian). Dad will be ripping off the rest of the wood paneling so that we can just have normal sheetrocked walls. It should look great when he is finished and I think the room will look a lot bigger without all of the dark wood on the walls. And I'm looking forward to putting in some more plants around our deck.

No comments: