Wednesday, June 23, 2010

15 month Pediatrician Visit

I took Ian to the pediatrician this morning for his well-baby visit. He's doing great! Here are his stats:

Height: 32.75 inches, 90th percentile
Weight: 24 pounds, 8.7 ounces, 50th percentile
Head Circumference: 49 cm, 90th percentile

I asked about the development of verbal skills and mentioned that Ian has about 10-15 words that he says himself with meaning. The doctor thought that this was actually slightly above average and that he would expect 15 words around 18 months. So that made me feel really good.

Ian got a bunch of vaccines this morning and it was difficult for me to watch. He cried out in such pain when the needle went into his thigh and I actually teared up and almost starting crying. I hate seeing him in pain, even though I know that the shots are in his best interest.

Speaking of words that Ian says, I was changing his poopie diaper yesterday and said, "Boy, that diaper is stinky! Stinky, I say!" And Ian totally repeated the word "stinky" which came out as "tink-eee". And he did it again so that my husband could hear. I'm pretty sure he doesn't know what "stinky" means, but it's so cute to hear him parrot the word back! It's really fun and amazing to watch him do new things every day.

No comments: