Sunday, June 6, 2010

Started FET protocol

I finally got my period tonight (on day 34 of my cycle) and so I started my FET protocol, which involved taking 1 mg of Estrace. I have to call the RE tomorrow and get my "official" day 1 assigned to me. The transfer is then tentatively scheduled for 19 days later. Unfortunately, because my period came later than I expected, the transfer might be on the weekend that my husband is away on his Bike for MS ride. It's really not ideal timing because I don't want my husband to miss his ride, but I also don't want to be alone and dealing with the stress of whether or not the embryo(s) thaw and are viable. And then there's the fact that I'll have to take valium for the transfer and can't drive. Oh yeah, and I can't have a toddler in the room with me while they do the transfer!! Luckily, my in-laws live super close and can easily help out if it comes to that. I'll stop stressing until I have more facts. I'll also ask the nurse if it is possible to delay the transfer until the Monday after that weekend without adversely affecting our chances of success. Here we go!

No comments: