Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Boring FET Update

I'm just chugging along on my FET protocol. A lot of other bloggers who are going through an FET have commented on how the FET takes so much less energy and causes so much less stress than an IVF cycle. And it's totally true. I wasn't waiting for my phone to ring today wondering when the nurse would call. I wasn't panicking about the fact that my follicles weren't growing or that they weren't growing in pack. I wasn't worried about the number or quality of eggs that I would produce. So compared to my one and only IVF cycle, this is such a piece of cake. (Of course, I have the new worry that my frozen embryos won't be viable after the thaw, but a girl has to have something to worry about, right?!)

The nurse called me today and told me that my E2 levels are 212 (and they look for anything over 200 at this point in the protocol). My directions are to continue following the protocol, which means an ever increasing dose of Estrace. On Sunday the 20th, I go back for more blood work and an ultrasound to check the thickness of my uterine lining.

No comments: