Sunday, August 2, 2009

Missing my Husband

We just drove my husband to the airport so that he can catch a flight back home. I'm staying in Florida with the baby for an extra week. I thought it would be nice to stay a little longer because I'm on maternity leave anyway, my parents don't get to see us that often and I'm home alone with the baby all day while my husband is at work. In addition, we are having a deck built and so I hear the nail gun and hammering all day long. But now that the time has come to spend a week without my husband, I'm upset. I started crying at the airport while saying goodbye to him. I've never been apart from him for this long. And of course I started thinking horrible thoughts like the fact that my child won't have a father if his plane crashes. Ugh. I will be happy to hear his voice when he lands safely in Boston.

1 comment:

Meg. said...

Aw, I'm sorry for your sadness and fears. =(

You sound just like me! Whenever someone I love goes on a long trip (by plane, car, train, etc.), I always start to freak out about the possibility of an accident, and what I would do if I lost them.

I know you'll miss hubs like crazy, but try to enjoy the extended time with your parents. *hugs* to you.