Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Back to Sleep No More

I like the Back to Sleep campaign. It reduces the risk of SIDS and ever since people have started putting their kids to sleep on their backs, deaths from SIDS have been reduced by 50%. Ian never liked sleeping on his back, but we forced him to learn how to do it because of the SIDS risk. Well, now that Ian can roll over from back to tummy, he's rolled over in his crib. I knew it was inevitable and it happened. I figured we'd wake up in the middle of the night to his cries and have to go flip him over back onto his back. Nope. When we crept into his room at 10 pm last night, he was sleeping on his side. And when we peeked this morning at 7 am (he was still sleeping!), he was sleeping on his tummy. I'm not going to fret about it. If he's strong enough to roll over, I think he won't suffocate sleeping on his tummy. Man, I love him.

No comments: