Saturday, August 8, 2009

Soft Coos

It is 5:45 am and I'm listening to Ian coo softly in his crib. That is music to my ears! We just had a wonderful night. Ian went to bed at 7:30 pm, woke at 8:30 pm (at which point I went in to soothe him and let him cry it out for a couple of minutes) and then he slept until 5:30 am! Wow. I remember him crying out twice around 12:30 am, but he went right back to sleep before I even got myself out of bed. I was sure I was going to have to do a middle of the night feed, but nope! Ian went 10 hours in between feeds! After feeding him this morning, I thought he might not be ready to get up yet and so I put him back in his crib where he is cooing and talking softly.

Our trip in Florida is almost over. We leave this afternoon to head back to Boston. We had a wonderful time and I'm so happy that Ian got to meet my sister, my brother-in-law and his 2 Florida cousins. And we had lots of firsts down here. First time in pool, first time seeing ocean, first time eating rice cereal, first time napping in crib, first time sleeping without a pacifier and first time SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT!
And as is typical of trips to Florida, we are leaving just a little bit fatter than when we came.

No comments: