Thursday, January 28, 2010

No Work Stress

I'm twiddling my thumbs at work, which is not good. I love being busy and active and priding myself on my super-impressive multitasking skills. (Yes, I'm modest.) But instead of drafting 80 page contracts and making inspiring arguments during face-to-face negotiations, I sit here at my desk and worry about how un-busy I am. I'm an attorney at a large law firm and not being busy is stressful. My firm has already laid off a ton of people and even though I got through my year-end review with nothing but positives, I worry. I like my job and want to keep my job. I do not want to try to look for a new job in this economy. I'm sure that work will pick up again. I just hope it is soon. It's not good when you tell the head of your practice group, "I need more work" and his response is "me too."

For the moment, I will watch the snow falling fast and furious outside my window and pride myself on the number of ounces of milk I can pump from my right boob. She never fails me.

2 comments:

Deepakshi Display Devices (P) Ltd. said...

ncie

Reducing Stress said...

These kinds of suggestions can be fantastic suggestions meant for decreasing Stress and Anxiety. Have you considered every day Stress exercises as a way to help alot more?
Coping with Stress Strategies