Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Rabbit Pellets

Oh my. Tonight was...ridiculous. As usual, I was feeding Ian some dinner. I was actually pleased with how he was eating given his subsistence feeding lately. And as he was finishing up, he leaned to the side, did a right cheek sneak, started making his "I'm making a poop face," squeezed and turned red. I didn't think too much of this since his daycare sheet said he had already had a "BM" twice today and I figured whatever came out would be a smally patty. So I let him finish eating, wipe his hands and mouth and bring him into his room to change him into his PJs when OH MY GOD, there is poop everywhere. It's on his legs and pants and onesie. So far, this isn't a new experience. We've experienced many poonamis in the 10 months that we've had Ian. But what happened next was new. I peeled off Ian's clothing trying to get as little poo on his little head as possible (and failed). And then I took off his diaper and poop pellets fell out! I was being attacked by the poo pellets! So I yelled for my husband to come in and help. I mean, poo has never FALLEN out of his diaper before! I gathered up as many poo pellets as possible in a fistful of diaper wipes and my husband stepped on the diaper pail to open it up. But as I was dropping my handful of poo into the pail, my husband's foot slipped and the pail promptly closed, knocking my hand and spewing poo pellets against the wall! Sigh. So now I had a shitty baby and a shitty wall to clean! Needless to say, we decided to give Ian a bath tonight. Next time he poops while eating, I will take it more seriously.

3 comments:

Big Mama T said...

Hahahaha, poonami! Loves it (and also, ew).

Meg. said...

I, too, got a great chuckle out of "poonami."

And Holy Poop Pellets, Batman! I'm sorry you guys got annihilated. You know Ian was laughing on the inside. =)

AnxiousMummyto3 said...

Oh my gosh, that sounds awful! I've experienced poop pellets a lot and it is soo gross. Hope it didn't take you ages to clean up.
All the best for TTC'ing #2!
~ICLW