Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My Son, the Climber

I picked up Ian from daycare tonight and they said, once again, that my son is very active. They also said that he is "going to be a climber." I sort of already knew that. He loves climbing in and out of his radio flyer wagon. We took the sides off so that he didn't have to hurl himself over them (which he was doing). He will also stand in front of a piece of furniture and lift one of his legs to try to climb it. It's really funny to watch. Unfortunately, it won't be funny when one day I find him on top of our kitchen table.

Ian has been waking up at 4 am every morning for the last 3 weeks or so. He screams his head off and clearly doesn't want to be awake. But I'm loathe to give him the pacifier, which we ditched at night. But last night, he sobbed for so long that we brought him into our bed where he almost immediately calmed down and fell asleep again. But this is NOT a pattern I want to continue. I can't sleep with a snoring husband, let alone a snoring baby. And I really can't sleep when little fingers poke me in the eye or get shoved up my nose. Tonight, we Ferberize again. This kid needs to learn how to sleep through the night!

No comments: