Monday, January 25, 2010

First Weekday Morning Workout

After a long wait, my elliptical machine is finally up and running in my basement. I used it on Saturday and Sunday and actually got in a 35 minute workout this morning. Here's how it went down and how I hope it continues to go down: Baby woke up early, around 5:30 am. I nursed him, stuck the paci in his mouth, and put him back down in his crib. Snuggled with hubby until 6 pm. Did my workout and am now eating breakfast. It's just past 7 am and the baby is still sleeping. At some point, he'll wake up and my hubby will take him to daycare around 7:45 am. That leaves me plenty of time to shower and dress myself and catch the 8:40 train to work. Done! Woo!

I plan on alternating between cardio days and days where I just work on my abs and core. As everyone tells me, "you look great!" But it's not enough for me. I don't want to just look great in clothes while sucking in my gut. I want to get back into pre-baby shape. Unfortunately, I'm not sure it's possible. My weight is already at pre-baby weight. My gut? Not so much. But I'll try my hardest and do my best to work on it and if after all of that, I don't achieve my goal, well, then, that will be okay. But a perfectionist has to try, right? (Of course, this will all go to hell if and when I manage to get pregnant again...but that's another battle for another day.)

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

christina said...

Great! I'm sure it's not easy to get the workouts in, but so rewarding when you're able to make time. Best wishes with trying for #2, your son is so cute!

The Steadfast Warrior said...

Good job fitting in the workout. I'm desperately trying to keep active but with a 3 month old, it's really difficult in the winter (in a rainy climate).

The body reacts differently to exercise after a baby, eh? Sometihings just aren't the same. BUT I have a feeling you'll make the progress you'd like to. Hang in there and good luck!

ICLW

kimbosue said...

Good job squeezing it in. That is currently my problem. Need to do something, but WHEN?
~ICLW

Big Mama T said...

Good for you! I don't even have a baby and I just cannot bring myself to wake up at 530 to squeeze in a workout.

ICLW