Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My Baby is Waving!

For the last couple of weeks, Ian has randomly opened and closed his right hand as if he was waving, but there didn't seem to be any intent behind it. He does it a lot when eating his finger food, especially as the lead-up to dropping the food over his tray and onto the floor. :-) But this morning and tonight, when I waved to Ian and said, "HI!" in that annoyingly sweet, motherly, singsong voice, he waved back and smiled at me! I don't know why I'm so excited by this, but I think it's SO cool. It's the first communication I have received from Ian that doesn't involve whining, crying, sobbing, smacking, biting or pinching and I LOVE it.

Here are my two sweet boys from this morning. We've gotten in the habit of letting Ian sleep in our bed after his early morning feed since we can get him to sleep a little longer. He makes an awesome snuggle buddy.


No comments: