Monday, September 7, 2009

Trial Run at Daycare

We did a trial run at daycare on Friday. I dropped Ian off around 10 am, after his morning nap, and picked him up around 5 pm. I hung out at the daycare center for the first 2 hours, not because I was worried about him, but because there was so much to do. I learned how to fill out his daily sheet and I labeled his extra clothing, sheets, diapers, wipes and cereal. I spent some time getting to know the teachers in the room and they are great. My gut is giving the entire experience 2 thumbs up and I always trust my gut.

Ian had a really great time during the day. While I was watching him during the first 2 hours, he tried launching himself backwards over the boppy pillow. So the teacher piled another boppy pillow on top of the other pillow to make a higher barrier and he launched himself backwards over that too! He was scooting backwards all over the floor and getting his knees underneath his body. The teachers remarked that he would probably be crawling soon. Gah!

I was really pleased to hear that he drank all three four-4 ounce bottles that were given to him. Although we introduced bottles of expressed milk to Ian early on, I have nursed him almost exclusively lately. The only downside of the entire experience is that Ian only napped for a total of 30 minutes while at daycare. He was so tired when I came to get him, but was still being a champ. I put him in the car seat to take him home and he was asleep at 5 pm before I even got to the car! I tried to transfer him to his crib, but he woke up and just cried and cried. He was so over-tired and he didn't know what to do with himself. He was just melting. So I nursed him and put him to sleep again at 5:30 pm and he slept until 5:30 am the next morning!

My husband should be all set to drop Ian off at daycare next Monday. All of Ian's things are already there. My husband just has to show up with the baby and food for the day. Now if things just go smoothly for me to pump at work, I'll be all set!

Ian woke up with a drippy nose this morning. I think he may have his first cold (which he probably picked up at daycare on Friday!). He doesn't seem to be too bothered by it. I took his temperature and it was 99.7, so he is probably fighting off something but it's not too bad. I hope he feels better in the morning so that we can go to our last Tuesday play group.

And now for a food update: Our child eats everything. We introduced pears to him this morning. He gobbled it up. Yum!

No comments: