Sunday, September 13, 2009

Back to Work!

It's time. My 6 month blissful maternity leave is over. I go back to work tomorrow.* I'm ready now. I adore my son. I love every single part of him, even when he is screaming in frustration when the pacifier is just one inch too far away for him to reach. And I have thoroughly enjoyed all of the time that we have spent together. I've watched him go from an infant who only knew to feed, sleep and poop to a happy, smiling, calm, personable, interactive baby that loves to eat sweet potatoes, peas, pears and bananas and who can sit-up without support. But I love using my brain and I actually like what I do. I'm really excited to get back into the swing of things.

But man! It is HARD to get him ready for daycare. I had to make-up 4 four-ounce bottles and smack on each one a bright red label that announced his name, the date and HEY THERE IS BREASTMILK IN HERE! Then I had to decide what solid foods he was going to eat tomorrow and put those in the bag too. Finally, you have to fill out the daily sheet with any special instructions. Thank god we already dropped all of his other crap (extra clothing, sheets, diapers, wipes, etc.) at the daycare center. I always joke that for each pound of baby, you have at least another pound of baby junk.

I know he'll do fine at daycare. My main concerns are (a) my husband actually picking him up on time and (b) pumping at work. I'm crossing my fingers that I will continue to produce enough milk for Ian to drink until he turns 1 and we can start giving him dairy. Wish us luck!!!

* I actually started to work this weekend because there was a great project with a great partner that needed attention before Monday.

No comments: