Monday, April 6, 2009

Our First Outing

Today was my first day alone with Ian. Since I came home from the hospital, my parents were here visiting and helping out. They left on Saturday morning, but then my husband was around to help out over the rest of the weekend. Today was the first day that I was alone with my son. I decided that we would go to the bank to open up a joint savings account so that I could deposit the checks that Ian received. I loaded Ian up in the car and off we went. Success! It was so successful that I decided to continue on to CVS and Finagle a Bagel. Once I parked, I had a bit of trouble inserting Ian's car seat into the stroller. This was made a bit more stressful by the fact that it had started to rain. But I finally got a strap out of the way and the handle of the stroller in the right position and click!, in he went. We bought everything we needed at both stores and I was happy to take home a tuna melt for lunch. Once we got home, Ian slept in his car seat for another 30 minutes before he was ready for his own lunch.

Is it sad that I'm terribly impressed with myself (especially since I managed to eat breakfast, start a load of laundry, pump and feed Ian twice before heading out the door)? I feel as much pride today as I do when successfully negotiating a difficult license for a client. And that says a lot!

No comments: