Sunday, April 5, 2009

3 weeks and 3 pounds to go!

Tomorrow, at 6:11 am, Ian will be 3 weeks old. As of this morning, I weighed 145.5 pounds, which is 3 pounds more than my pre-pregnancy weight. I'm glad the weight came off quickly (and without any effort on my part), but I'm realizing that I will need to work at getting my stomach back into the shape it was in before. Although I'm only 3 pounds heavier than prior to getting pregnant, my stomach is poochy and I really want to tighten it up. Given that I had major abdominal surgery 3 weeks ago, I don't want to push it and so I will most likely wait at least another 2 weeks before doing any abdominal exercises. But I will be signing up for the Stroller Fit class at the JCC (which starts on April 17) and I will try to take walks with Ian as long as the weather permits it. Today, it was beautiful out (albeit a bit windy, which my son did not like!) and we took a 2 mile walk. I had previously only walked 1 mile at a time, but today, I decided to do the neighborhood loop twice instead of just once. It felt really good. I haven't taken any pain medication (600 mg Motrin) in over 36 hours and I don't feel like I need it because of the walk. Go me!

No comments: