Monday, April 27, 2009

Captain Awesome at 6 weeks!

Being a parent rocks. But being a parent to an awesome child rocks even more! Last night, my 6-week old son slept in his own crib in his own room from 10:30 pm until 6:30 am with only one night-time feed at 3:15 am. How unbelievably cool is that?! And this morning, after I fed him and changed his diaper, he was in crazy "happy baby" mode. What this means is that he is super alert (eyes WIDE open), moving all 4 limbs like mad and cooing. And lately (over the past 1 week), it means that I have seen fleeting glimpses of what could be smiles. But I'm never sure of the smiles. But this morning, I experienced Ian's first social smiles. He was clearly responding to seeing and hearing me. And later in the morning, it became obvious to me that he was making eye contact with me and tracking my head as I moved it from side to side. Amazing.

No comments: