Friday, April 10, 2009

End of First Week At Home Alone

It's Friday evening and Ian and I are waiting for daddy to get home. We made it to the end of our first solo week together. We had some adventures, including opening up a joint savings account at the bank (Monday), grocery shopping (Tuesday) and renting a safe deposit box (Wednesday). Ian also "participated" in his first Passover Seder on Wednesday night. My in-laws came over with all of the food and necessary dishware and we celebrated the first night of Passover. Since the weather was so beautiful yesterday and today, the daily activity involved a 3 mile walk. Today, I decided to be adventurous and include the big hill in our walk. It was tough to push the stroller up that hill! I was definitely out of breath and sweaty when we reached the top.

On a personal note, it looks like the last 4-5 pounds I gained during pregnancy are not coming off easily, as did all of the other weight. So I'm going to have to work for the last little bit. I can't wait until I feel up to doing some crunches. I want to get this belly back into shape! Right now, although I feel pretty healed, I can still feel the incision and think an ab workout would be overdoing it.

No comments: