Friday, March 27, 2009

We Survived the Bris

Ian's bris was on Monday, March 23rd, 8 days after his birthday. He got through it like a champ. The mohel said he was a very calm and alert baby.



My mom and my mother-in-law lit the candles, my nephew said the Ha-motzi, my father was able to hold Ian prior to the surgery, my brother held Ian's legs during the surgery and my father-in-law held the wine-soaked gauze in Ian's mouth during the surgery. And based on Ian's facial expression in the below picture, I think he got a little drunk!



The ceremony was short and our mohel did a good job. I started crying when reading passages from the prayer book with my husband, but I was able to watch the surgery without a flinch. I felt bad for my husband's grandmother, who sat in the corner and looked very distraught that her great-grandson was in pain and crying. I tried to feed the baby after the surgery, but he wanted none of it. He cried for about 5 minutes afterwards and then had a nice nap. His great-grandmother sat in the room with him and watched over him.

Ian is named for his great-grandfathers Isaac and Isay. His middle name, Ravid, is in honor of his great-grandmother Rachel. His Hebrew name is Itai Ravid.

No comments: