Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Assplosion!

I wanted my next blog entry to be about all the wonderful things that I have experienced thus far with my son. But last night's events require coverage. The baby was fussy all night, which I suppose is to be expected. So I wasn't getting much sleep. He also seemed to want to feed every 1 to 1.5 hours instead of 2 to 2.5 hours. At 5 am, after a feeding, I went to change his diaper. I had previously learned my lesson (when the baby pooped all over the changing table) and made sure that after removing the dirty diaper, I put a new diaper underneath him. But I didn't fasten the new diaper because I needed to put oil on his diaper rash and a new gauze pad over his newly circumcised penis. I turned to get the gauze pad, heard a massive pooping noise, looked back at the baby and was very dismayed to see poop EVERYWHERE. The poop had flown 2 feet horizontally! It was all over the box of baby wipes, all over the scissors that I use to cut gauze and it even made it onto the diaper genie and the floor near the diaper genie! I woke my husband up to help me clean up because I was so overwhelmed. I never knew there could be so much force behind a poop from an 8 pound baby! Let's just say I have now changed my diapering technique even further to prevent that from ever happening again.

It was also just a bad night for me. I was freezing and couldn't warm up and so I asked my husband to cuddle with me. But the minute he put his arm around me, I started crying uncontrollably! I wasn't sad. I wasn't depressed. I think I was just so over-tired and hormonal and it just kept on coming. I'm hoping that we don't have a repeat of tonight!

No comments: