Saturday, March 14, 2009

40 weeks!

Here I am. It's 40 weeks. According to the IVF doctor, tomorrow, March 15 is my due date. But according to all of the IVF calendars online, based on a June 21 egg retrieval, today is my due date. In the end, it doesn't really matter because I'm still pregnant. I've been having the usual Braxton-Hicks contractions - a lot of them in fact - but it still means nothing. I'm pretty sure the baby still hasn't dropped because I'm still gasping for breath every now and then. But I can feel the baby moving around in there and so I'm assured that all is well.

I was surprised to get on the scale this morning and see it read 169.0. This means that I've lost weight (2 pounds!) since last week and I'm only up a total of 26.5 pounds for a completely full-term pregnancy. That seems...wrong. I did swim 60 laps on Thursday and another 60 laps yesterday, but there's no way that this caused me to lose so much weight. Either way, I'll take it because perhaps it means that my baby isn't ginormous and can actually fit through me.

I'm officially done with work. I turned on my out-of-office e-mail assistant and changed my voicemail. I am free from being an attorney until mid-September! This 6-month maternity leave will be a welcome break (although as I've been reminded by many that it will still be "work"). Now I just need a freakin' baby to keep me occupied!

No comments: