Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Adorable Things

I was worried about being a mom. I've never been the nurturing type and I never dreamed about the children I would have. My husband and I decided to try and have a baby because "it was time" and it's "now or never." And when I first held Ian 2 hours after my C-section, I felt only a logical curiosity, but didn't feel that strong mother's love that I expected to feel. But man, that changed quickly. I love Ian so much now. I feel so bad when he cries from his diaper rash and I want to make him feel better when he is struggling with gas. I guess I had that mothering instinct after all, which makes me feel great!

Here are the things that I love about Ian:

1. His head/hair is unbelievably soft. I stroke and caress it every single time he is feeding.
2. He makes the most adorable, plaintive cries when he is just waking up and wants to feed.
3. When he roots around looking for my nipple, it is so cute. He makes these "ah ah ah" sounds and tries to find my nipple in either the air or the pillow. Then he fights me when I try to direct his face to the correct location. (All this from the boy who couldn't find his way out of the womb either!)

Ian has definitely had his fussy periods where he will cry for no apparent reason. But overall, I would say that he is a very good baby. He feeds well, every 2 to 2.5 hours. He sleeps when he should sleep. And he is just so darn cute!

No comments: