Thursday, March 5, 2009

Elusive Sleep

I no longer sleep and I'm beginning to dread nighttime. I am so uncomfortable in bed. Body parts (including ears and shoulders) go numb after only a short time. I toss and turn from side-to-side and because I can't do this easily, sometimes I get stuck in a back-lying position, which just hurts. I have a contraction on my left side. So I switch to my right side, but the contraction gets worse. I switch back to my left side, grunting in frustration and discomfort. I get up to pee. I have a contraction. I empty my bladder, I have a contraction. I climb back into bed, I have a contraction. I'm currently 10 days shy of my due date. I'm thinking, "Hey, I can make it another 10 days." But I will say that I am now terrified of delivering late. I'm using all mental powers to banish from my mind the idea that I could still go 2 weeks PAST my due date. Sigh. The good news is that Friday, March 13 is my last day at work. At least after that, I'll be able to nap during the day when I'm so exhausted after a no-sleep night.

No comments: