Thursday, March 11, 2010

Results of CD3 Bloodwork

This is what I wrote on March 8, 2008, just over 2 years ago:

"I took my day 3 blood panel, which revealed that my FSH level was 6.4 and my LH level was 6.0. This was very good news indeed, as a fertile woman should have an FSH level below 10 and the ratio of FSH to LH should be as close to 1:1 as possible (to rule out hormone disorders like PCOS)."

Here are the results of my blood tests from yesterday, March 10, 2010:

My FSH level was 7.5 and my LH level was 3.5. I guess it's great that my FSH level is still pretty low. According to this website, my FSH level is still in the "good" category of 6 to 9. And although my FSH to LH ratio is no longer 1:1, it's an LH that is higher than FSH that is one indication of PCOS. So that's not me (despite my polycystic ovaries).

It looks like my thyroid is okay since my TSH level was 1.84 with a normal range of .28 to 3.89. My estradiol level was 25.93. I'm pretty sure that low number means I'm not close to ovulating, which makes sense given that I was tested 3 days after getting my period. The website says that estradiol levels on the lower end tend to be better for stimulating. So woo-hoo! I guess if I have to do another round of IVF (which I hope not to do), I'm still in good shape (which makes me feel good considering I'll be 36 in 2 more months).

No comments: