Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Ian's First Word is...

Hello!!!


Ian has said "mama" and "dada" for a while now, but there is never any meaning or intent behind those sounds. But when he says "hello" he clearly understands that it is something you say when you put a phone to your ear. I realized that he was actually saying his first word when he went to his bedroom on his own, got the toy cell phone and walked down the hall holding the cell phone to his ear saying "hello...hello...hello." And I was lucky enough to capture video evidence! According to the daycare gals, it is a very unusual first word. :-) I just think it is perfect given how social my little boy seems to be. He really loves being around people. He hasn't ever shown stranger anxiety and at his birthday party this past weekend, he didn't have any problem being in a large crowd. Ian also seems to like to repeat "vroom vroom" except it comes out "oom oom" from him.

I can't believe how much I love my son. My love for him grows every day and while hard to believe, I love him more now than the day he was born.

No comments: