Tuesday, March 30, 2010

First Birthday Cake


Although Ian turned one on the 16th, we had his first birthday party this past weekend. We had about 25 adults over to our house and 3 other one year olds (who belonged to mommies that I met at my mommy group when I was on maternity leave). And it was SO much fun. I made Ian's birthday cake, which is basically death-by-chocolate, and Ian loved it! He dove right into the big piece of cake we put in front of him and made an awful mess. By the time he was done, he had cake in his hair and it was all over the floor. I had to strip him and put him in the bathtub during his party! I'm so happy that we decided to have a big birthday bash for him (and us).

In other news, I was playing with Ian the other night and was tipping him upside down and I saw MOLARS coming through his upper gum. The left molar is almost completely through and the right molar is peeking through. I'm hoping that these teeth are the reasons why Ian has had so much trouble staying asleep lately.

In final news, we have decided to go pacifier-free for the following reasons:

1. Daycare lost the one paci they had for Ian.
2. Ian no longer seems to be as soothed by the paci as he used to and even chucks it out when we are changing his diaper.
3. We've been giving Ian the paci when he wakes up in the middle of the night and he's been waking up earlier and earlier and we wanted to stop the trend.

Today was the first day without any pacifier. Ian woke up screaming at 1:45 am, 3 am, 4 am and 5 am. It wasn't a fun night. But daycare said he did fine. I'm crossing my fingers for tonight.

No comments: