Tuesday, May 5, 2009

7 week weight

It's Tuesday, which means Ian and I went to mommy group again. He weighed in at 11 pounds, 15 ounces. So he only gained 4 ounces this past week. His weight gain appears to be settling down, which makes sense because his night time feeds are very short. Last night, he fed twice from me, but only 6 minutes for each feeding!

I was hoping that Ian would get closer to sleeping through the night because for 3 days in a row, he only had one overnight feeding. But he has now gone back to multiple nighttime feeds, which is disappointing. But the nurse at mommy group said that this is common and normal. She also mentioned to me that exclusively breastfed babies will not sleep like formula fed babies. That's too bad, but I'm not so overtired that I'm going to break down and give him formula. I'm still producing a TON of milk and so that's what he's gonna get!

No comments: