Saturday, May 23, 2009

2 month pediatrician visit

Ian went to his 2 month pediatrician visit this past Tuesday. Here are his stats:

Weight: 13 pounds - 75th percentile
Height: 23 inches - 50th percentile
Head circumference: 41 cm -75th percentile

So my boy continues to grow well! I'm also pretty sure he's a bit longer than 23 inches. The nurse was having a hard time measuring him because he kept pulling up his feet.

My poor son also endured his 2 month vaccinations. We decided not to spread out the shots for 2 reasons. The first is that I didn't want him to have multiple needle pokes when he could only have one needle poke. The second is that spreading out the shots means that he gets extra doses of the preservatives that are in each vaccine. So he got the 5 in 1 shot (Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis, Polio and Influenza type b), a shot for Pneumococcal Meningitis and an oral vaccine for Rotavirus. He took the needle sticks like a champ. I think I cried more than him.

Ian got the shots around 10 am. At 2 pm he exploded in some inconsolable crying, which was unfortunate because I was out at lunch with the mommy group. He was pretty fussy all day and didn't sleep well that night. The next day, he threw up twice and was fussier than usual. By Friday morning, he was back to his usual happy temperament. Needless to say, I'm not looking forward to his 4 month shots.

Yesterday, I had a doctor's appointment in the city. So I decided to bring Ian into work for a visit. Everybody oohed and aahed over him, which I loved. Everyone also told me I looked great, which I also loved! :-) He was a very good boy and he smiled for lots of people. And when he wasn't smiling, he was sleeping. I made sure to dress him in appropriate attire for being at a conservative law firm.


No comments: