Tuesday, April 6, 2010

New Job Soon?

I'm still waiting for an official offer from the medical device company at which I interviewed FOUR times. I spoke to the GC yesterday and she told me that she had made her decision, was ready to pull the trigger and give me an offer. So that was great news. The problem is that the CEO of the company wants to be a part of the process and was hoping to meet me before the company gave me the offer. So that would be the FIFTH interview. The other problem is that the CEO is in Japan this week, which means we'll be slowed down at least 1 week if he insists on meeting me. So the GC is doing her best to convince him that he doesn't need to meet with me. She's putting together a list of everyone with whom I met, a summary of everyone's thoughts about me and a summary of my references. She's hoping that will get him over the need to meet with me. I told the GC that depending on what I saw in writing, I'd be inclined to accept and so that made her very happy. I hope this does happen soon. Not only am I excited about the new opportunity, but I'm in an awkward position at my current job. I've been invited to attend the BIO conference in Chicago next month and I need to give them an answer as to whether I plan to attend. And they're trying to give me new work to be the go-to person for a long-term relationship with a client. And it would look so bad for the firm if I took on that long-term work just to turn around and announce that I'm leaving 1 week later. So I've had to BS and dance around these issues and I'm hoping to just be able to tell the truth once I have a written offer.

In other news, today is day 29 of my cycle and still no signs of my period. Of course, before pregnancy, my cycles were 32-34 days long and so I'm not surprised there aren't any signs. I'm still just curious what caused me to have those uterine cramps 1 week ago. There is no way that was early PMS. Here I am, one week later and closer to my period and symptom-free. It's all very strange.

My right breast has finally gone back to normal post-weaning. I no longer have uncomfortably hard lumps (blocked ducts) in there and the pain is gone. Hooray! After 1 year of breastfeeding, I think my breasts are smaller than they were prior to pregnancy, but it's hard to tell. I had gotten used to them being larger because of breastfeeding and so now that I'm no longer nursing, they've shrunk. They seem to have held up okay. Perhaps they're a little droopier, but not bad at all! I'll have to get measured at some point to see if I am the same size I was prior to pregnancy.

**Update**
I actually ended up getting my period late in the day today. It surprises me a little because it means I had a 29 day cycle this month. I think my shortest cycle pre-pregnancy was 30 days and that was right after I got off the pill. As time went on, my cycle lengthened to 32-34 days. Perhaps I'll be a little bit more regular post-pregnancy.

No comments: