Friday, April 23, 2010

Last of the Initial Bloodwork

It's now been 4 weeks since I last breastfed Ian. My RE thought that was enough time for my prolactin levels to fall to a low enough level to start the FET process. So I got my blood drawn and tested and my prolactin level was 10.25 ng/ml. A google search shows me that a normal prolactin level in a non-lactating woman is less than 20 ng/ml, so I guess I'm okay. It also seems that she tested me for a range of sexually transmitted diseases and I'm happy to report that I don't have syphilis (or a bunch of other STDs). Who even has syphilis anymore??

So it seems like we'll be able to get the FET ball rolling very soon. I'm waiting until the beginning of May to call my RE to ask about next steps because when I switch my job, I'll also be switching insurance plans and I need to be on the same insurance plan from the start to the finish of the FET. And I don't want to start anything before our vacation to St. Croix, which is planned for the end of May. So hopefully we can get everything going in June. If I get pregnant from the FET (fingers crossed), our next baby will be roughly 2 years younger than Ian. I really hope that one of our 3 little frozen embies will become our next child. Not only do we know that we made good embies from the last IVF (because we now have Ian!), but I would really rather not go through another round of IVF (although it wouldn't be the complete end of the world and now that I've been through it once, my doctor has a better idea of how my body will respond).

I'm excited about all the new things that will happen in the near future!

No comments: