Monday, February 22, 2010

Welcome ICLWers!

Welcome ICLWers! This is my second time participating in ICLW and I hope that I will be able to leave many more comments this time around. Here's the quick skinny on me:

My sister has a unicornuate uterus and after years and years of battling infertility, she was able to conceive her now 6 year old twin boys using donor eggs and a surrogate. Given my sister's history, my husband and I decided to get diagnostic tests run after failing to conceive within 3 months of trying the old-fashioned way. As it turns out, I was actually pretty okay (with one blocked fallopian tube and polycystic ovaries), but we were in for a shock when my husband was diagnosed with severe male factor infertility due to poor morphology). We were extraordinarily lucky and blessed to conceive our son Ian (almost 1 year old now!) in our first IVF attempt using a single embryo transfer. We have 3 frozen embryos from that IVF and I'm hoping to conceive our second child through a FET sometime this year. I have an appointment with our RE in 3 weeks to discuss the best ways to proceed and I'm nervous and anxious already! I enjoy following other blogs about infertility and giving support when I can. I only wish that everyone who has battled infertility can have the same success that I have had.

7 comments:

Awise said...

Happy ICLW & congrats on your very handsome little boy! Best of luck with TTC.

jenicini said...

Lots of luck to you. I know the process can be scary, but you'll find lots of lovely people in blogland who will help you get through it!

ICLW

Kristin said...

I'm glad your first round of IVF was successful and hope you have as much luck with your upcoming FET.

~ICLW

EC said...

Best of luck with your RE discussions and upcoming FET, I hope your journey to concieve number two is a nice and short one.

ALEH said...

Congrats on your beautiful boy and good luck wih #2.
ICLW

Dana said...

Good luck on your 2nd IVF and congrats on your first baby :)

ICLW

Myndi said...

Congrats on your success! We're moving onto FET as well. Wishing you the best of luck in TTC #2.