Saturday, February 13, 2010

Thoughts about Baby #2

I'm sorry if this is painful for anyone reading who doesn't yet have Baby #1, but I really want Baby #2. I'm the youngest of 3 children and I really want Ian to have a sibling (and I can only hope and pray that he and his sibling have a great relationship). I don't care whether that sibling is a boy or a girl as long as that little child is healthy. But I'm starting to get nervous. Ian will be 11 months old on the 16th, which means I really do have to start thinking seriously about Baby #2. And the anxiety has already set in. We have 3 little frozen embryos waiting for us and I'm desperately hoping that one of them will become Baby #2 so that I don't have to go through the misery of another IVF cycle. But Dr. Google isn't my friend and I learned some alarming statistics about how 30% of frozen embryos do not survive the thaw. That means that statistically, one of our little guys won't even make it to transfer, leaving us with only 2 embies. Two chances. I'm nervous. Our appointment with our RE is in roughly 3 weeks and since I know nothing about FETs, I'll have to get lots of information from her.

Oh, and by the way, I STILL don't have my period 11 months post-partum. Hrm. I'm still exclusively breastfeeding Ian, but now that he's eating lots (and lots!) of solid food, he's not drinking that much. He nurses at 5 am and at 7 pm and during daycare, he gets two three-ounce bottles of breastmilk. So I would have thought with this decrease in nursing/need for breastmilk, my period would have returned. Nope. As of next week, I'm going to stop pumping at all and we'll use my frozen stash of breastmilk for Ian's daycare needs. Hopefully, by dropping the pump, my period will return. Otherwise, I'll just need the RE to give me meds to start my period. And by that point, Ian will be just about 1 year old and we can start him drinking cow milk. I'll be very sad to stop my nursing relationship with him (extremely sad actually), but it really is time to get the show on the road for #2!

No comments: