Sunday, November 2, 2008

Is the baby moving?

So I think that I felt the baby move this week, which means I felt it around 20.5 weeks. The first time I felt it, it was like a "wave." It also felt like the sound that a stick makes when smacked against the vertical parts of a wood or metal fence. But lately, it just feels like thumps near my belly button. It doesn't seem like a feeling that gas would make. And it doesn't feel crampy. So I think it's for real. But of course, I'm not sure.

My husband and I bought a stethoscope today. I really wanted to use it to hear the baby's heart beat. But, we weren't able to find the heartbeat, even after 10 minutes of searching and listening. Oh well. My next appointment with the midwife is on November 11 and so hopefully, I'll hear that reassuring sound on that hand-held Doppler machine. Until then, I will wait patiently to feel the baby move.

I'm up to 153.0 pounds, which puts me at a 10.5 pound gain at 21 weeks.

In other news, Halloween was this past Friday night and we had hoards of children come to our door. My husband was so cute. He dressed up in a pirate costume and clumped down the stairs to answer the door. The kids were intrigued with his sword! Anyway, the 50+ children that came to my door reaffirmed for me that this neighborhood rocks. I'm so glad we moved here. I also met the people who recently moved in 2 doors down from us. Both the husband and the wife are pediatricians. Of course, I'm not the type to just knock on people's doors asking for help, but in an emergency, I'm sure glad to know there are doctors right around the corner.

No comments: