Monday, October 27, 2008

Halfway Through

I'm halfway through the pregnancy this week. Part of me feels recently pregnant and part of me feels like I've been pregnant forever. My belly is growing and I am most certainly looking pregnant these days. I am finding it difficult just to bend down to put on my socks or tie my shoes. My belly doesn't bend the way it used to!

I'm still waiting anxiously to feel the baby move (although I MUST be feeling him move and I'm just not sure what to make of those feelings). I wish there was some way to know for sure whether or not I'm feeling the baby move. Of course, I worry that something is wrong and that things are not going as they should. And I would love to have another ultrasound to confirm that all is okay. But I'm just going to try to relax and go with the flow. I'm not bleeding or having sharp pains and my belly is growing, so I'm sure things are just fine. My husband will most likely buy a stethoscope so that we can listen to the baby's heart beat when we want to do so. I will look forward to that!

As of yesterday, I was 152.0 pounds. That puts me at a 9.5 pound weight gain thus far. I think I'm still on track for gaining a healthy amount of weight.

No comments: