Saturday, November 22, 2008

So much for slow weight gain!

I'm at 24 weeks now and so much for slow weight gain! Today, I was 157.5 pounds, which is a 14.5 pound total weight gain. That means I gained 2.5 pounds this week! Crazy. I guess this little guy is growing like mad. I don't remember eating a ton this week (with the exception of the gnocchi with bolognese sauce at Silvertone and cheesecake at Finale for Wendy's birthday). I guess it just adds up.

The baby didn't move for a while this week, which started getting me pretty anxious. I wanted to give him just a little bit more time before calling the doctor and it was a good thing I did because he started kicking and moving like mad again. I think he was rolling around good last night. Z felt him moving and you could see my belly rolling with his punches.

Soon, I'll be at the point where the baby could survive outside the womb. I would certainly like him to cook longer (and I'm sure he will), but it's comforting to know that he's almost viable!!!

No comments: