Saturday, November 29, 2008

25 weeks and 14.5 pounds

Today, I am 25 weeks. And I don't seem to have gained any weight between last week and this week because I held steady at 157.0 pounds, a total of a 14.5 pound weight gain. The large T-shirts that I wear on the weekends no longer hide the fact that I'm pregnant and when I hug my husband, my belly is starting to get in the way. The belly is especially noticeable when I lie flat on my back because it just sticks way up. The books that I've been reading say that my uterus is now the size of a basketball and it looks like I'm carrying a basketball! My friend Lynn saw me on Thursday and she says that when she looks at me from behind, she cannot tell that I'm pregnant. All the extra weight seems to be in my belly.

I went swimming yesterday for the first time in a while. I was still able to do flip turns, but my speed has slowed considerably. I did 60 laps, alternating 10 free and then 10 breast-back. I took me 33 minutes overall. I didn't want to push it. Towards the end of the swim, my right shoulder starting hurting but I ignored it and kept swimming. Last night, it was killing me. It is still hurting today, but I think it's on the mend. I must have just tweaked it because I don't think I can re-start my tendinitis so quickly. I think it probably just wasn't used to the swimming.

I've had a nice relaxing Thanksgiving weekend so far. We went to my in-laws for the turkey dinner and I tried not to over-eat. Lately, eating has been problematic because I get so bloated and uncomfortable afterwards. I eat only when I'm hungry and no more because I can't stand the bloated feeling. Today, I've done laundry, vacuumed and I'm in the process of making turkey soup from the turkey carcass leftover from Thanksgiving. It already smells so yummy!

No comments: