Sunday, December 7, 2008

26 Weeks!

I am now in my 26th week: Cumulative weight gain 15.5 pounds, Total weight is 158.0 pounds. I'm still feeling good, but I must say, I AM TOTALLY SICK OF PEOPLE ASKING ME HOW I AM FEELING. I can't get mad at them because they are just being nice, but I get the question at least 3-4 times a day. And what do they expect as an answer? I say "Just fine" or "good!" But sometimes I want to say, "Well, I had really bad gas last night and so that sucked my proverbial left nut" or "the baby didn't move all that much in the last 2 days and I'm worried he's dead" or "I feel like a total fat ass!" But I'm trying, using all will power, not to snap at these people. One person didn't ask me how I felt. She just said, "You look beautiful." I need more of those!

It's snowing today for the first time in this 2008/2009 winter. It's also the first snow since we moved to Needham. I think it's beautiful and I'm glad my mom isn't here to say "Look at that white shit falling out of the sky." I'm glad she's happy in sunny and warm Florida. New England rocks!

Update: I went swimming today (64 laps) and did a bit better than I did last week. It is very strange to swim with this big belly. I am still able to do my flip turns, but I wonder how long that is going to last. I wish I could get more exercise, but sadly, there's just not enough time in the day and I'm too lazy/tired to get out of bed early in the morning. But at least I have my walk to and from the train. Round trip, I walk just over 2 miles and so at least it's something.

No comments: