Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Bad Blogger

I've been a bad blogger lately.  I used to blog so often, but lately, well, it's just hard.  Sammy has me up around 5:15 am or 5:30 am every day and after work, by the time we finish dinner, clean up and make lunches for the next day, it's 9 pm and I'm wiped.

Here is my bullet point update:
  • I survived my weekend of parenting solo last weekend.  My husband did his annual Bike for MS ride, a 150 mile bike ride from Boston to Provincetown.  I'm very proud of him for doing the ride and I'm very proud of me for surviving the weekend.  I had a really great weekend with the kids.  Ian took pity on me and was very well-behaved.  I managed to grocery shop, feed the kids and I even mowed the lawn!  It helped that my in-laws took Ian on Sunday and it really helped that I had dinner at a friend's house on Saturday night and dinner at my in-laws on Sunday.
  • Sammy gets up super early these days and about half the time ends up falling asleep again on the way to daycare.  She makes it until about 7:15 pm at night and then crashes hard.  It's been much easier to put her to bed these days.  She cries for about 20 seconds before sighing in relief that she can sleep.  
  • Sammy is growing up so fast - she's 14 months already!  She's not saying much these days and often has the binkie stuffed in her mouth.  This past week, she's been running over to Ian and bashing him on the head with a toy.  When I yell "No!" at her, she laughs at me.  This doesn't bode well!  Daycare says she doesn't hit any other kids, so I guess it's special behavior she saves for her big brother.

No comments: