Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Hand Food and Mouth

Poor Sammy!  It appears she has contracted Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease, which is going around her daycare.  Yesterday, she came home with a fever of 101.8 and was very fussy.  We had a TERRIBLE night - she was awake and crying a lot.  This morning, she was fever-free and so we sent her to school.  But while at school, the blisters started showing up on her skin.  She has some on her thighs and a couple on her mouth, but her poor bum is one big horrible red rash.  It must hurt a lot.  And her throat must kill her because she doesn't want to eat at all and is drooling a ton (because she doesn't want to swallow her saliva).  I feel really bad for her.  At least she is drinking her milk.  She can go to school in the morning if she isn't super clingy, but we'll assess in the morning.  If she's feeling really crummy, I don't want to send her in.  She needs my love and attention and support right now.  I know a couple of adults who have contracted HFM and they say the throat pain is excruciating.  I hope she feels better really soon and I am crossing my fingers and toes that Ian doesn't get it.

No comments: