Monday, April 4, 2011

34 weeks!

I made it to 34 weeks.  I spent last week on bed rest and luckily didn't have any further complications.  I will see my doctor tomorrow and figure out what our next steps should be.  I feel pretty lame being on bed rest since most of the time I feel just fine.  But I get these bouts of cramps, which feel like the worst period cramps ever and those are pretty debilitating.  I have to lie down when I'm feeling them and I tend to moan out loud.  I never had those when I was pregnant with my first.  I don't know what causes them - perhaps it has something to do with the low-lying placenta?

I've actually lost some weight over the past week.  I have to drink so much to avoid becoming dehydrated that there is no room for food.  So at this point, I'm 165 pounds, up 22.5 pounds from where I started.  Otherwise, not much to report on the pregnancy front.  I'm lucky that my job can be done from a reclining position on my couch and I will continue to work as long as I can.

No comments: