Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Back to the Hospital

I got home from the hospital yesterday around noon.  Around 6 pm, I started experiencing some Braxton-Hicks contractions every 2-3 minutes and I couldn't get them to go away no matter what position I was in or how much I drank.  So I called the on-call doctor and sure enough, they wanted me back in the hospital for monitoring.  Sigh.  The good news is that I didn't have any further bleeding.  When I got to the hospital, they hooked me up to the monitor and of course, I wasn't contracting, which made me feel stupid.  They told me that my urine showed that I was slightly dehydrated and that this could cause the contractions.  I was shocked that I was dehydrated at all since I was making a real effort to drink as much as I could.  But they told me I need to be drinking 96 ounces of clear fluids a day!  Wowzers.  They had to monitor the baby for a long time before she woke up and showed the movement-associated heart accelerations they wanted to see and then they sent me home around midnight.  I'm thankful that I didn't have to stay there overnight again and I've been drinking a ton today to hopefully avoid the hospital for a long while!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how are you momma? it's been a few days and i need an update!

p.s. i've been drinking upwards of 130+ ounces of water a day.