Sunday, July 4, 2010

Disappointment

It is 12 dpo or 9 days post 3-day transfer and my pregnancy sticks are all negative. There isn't even a shadow where the + line should be. When I was pregnant with Ian, I got my first positive stick at 11 dpo. I have a little glimmer of hope because I've heard that FETs are a bit slower to take and I still have some uterine cramping, but I'm guessing that I'm not pregnant (especially since my boobs aren't sore at all). I'm having a hard time focusing on anything else and I haven't been sleeping well at all. Every single time I wake up, I think, "Dammit, it's only 1 am. Can't POAS yet." I'm trying to stay positive knowing that I already have a child (who is totally awesome) and that we'll eventually be successful in having a second child. But this is definitely disappointing. It was our best frozen embryo and the remaining two aren't as promising. The question then becomes whether to do another FET or do a fresh cycle. I'm so bummed that this first FET didn't work, but I know I've been extraordinarily lucky until now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Maddy, I'm holding out hope that you have a slow implanter! If not, then you'll try again. True, you're lucky but it doesn't make it any easier to deal with. Hugs.