Monday, July 19, 2010

Crucified Foot

Roughly two weeks ago, I was heading to the bathroom and didn't bother to turn on any lights.  I smashed the top of my right foot directly into our metal baby gate (which my husband left open when he went out to visit his grandmother for her birthday).  It hurt so much that I was actually moaning out loud for about 3 minutes.  I haven't had that type of pain since I was in labor.  The top of my foot got pretty bruised and swollen and it was finally feeling 100% better recently.

Yesterday, after mowing the lawn (in sneakers), I decided that I would weed our mulch bed and spread some new mulch around the hydrangeas we recently planted.  I was hot and changed into my flip flops after lunch.  I was finishing up one section of the bed and got up to take a look at what I'd done.  I stepped back to get a better view and whammo, PAIN, in my right foot.  I looked down and saw that I had stepped on our 3-pronged garden tool, which went right through my flip flop and into the ball of my foot.  I sat down and pulled the tool out of my foot (which had punctured through about 1 inch of my foot) and the blood immediately started running out.  I yelled to my husband (who was inside) multiple times before he finally heard me and came out to help.  We cleaned it out with hydrogen peroxide and then I put antibiotic cream on it with a band aid.  The actual wound doesn't look that bad at all, but my god, it hurts to walk.  So now I'm hobbling around like a total idiot.

My husband looked at my foot which has the remnant of a hole on top (because of the baby gate) and a hole on the bottom (because of the puncture wound) and said that it looked like my foot had been crucified.  Yep.  I really need to be more careful!  My poor foot can't take anymore!

I've got a call into my doctor now to see if I need to get a tetanus shot.  I'm sure I will need one.

*Update* Tetanus shot scheduled for tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg, when i read this i cringed for you! you poor thing! take care of your foot!

i had a similar thing happen last summer. i was walking around the city in flip flops and i stubbed my toe (i think i broke it!) on a piece of sidewalk sticking up. i re-stubbed that toe about 15 times last summer! the poor thing couldn't get a break!