Monday, June 15, 2009

Rolling Over from Tummy to Back!!

Ian rolled over for the first time this afternoon, just one day shy of 3 months. I had just changed his diaper and he seemed content and so I decided to put him on his play mat for some tummy time. I put him down and as I was standing up to his left side, he looked up at me and boom, he was over and on his back. I was surprised and excited but wondered if maybe I had put him down a bit on his side. Prior to today, he hadn't shown any signs that he was even close to rolling over. And so I rolled him back over onto his tummy and made sure he was on his tummy. And sure enough, 1 minute later, he rolled over onto his back! So it's a real milestone! I couldn't get Ian to repeat it for a third time. He got frustrated and tired with tummy time after awhile. And I couldn't get him to do it tonight when daddy got home. He was just too tired. But I'm hoping my husband will see him roll over soon enough! Maybe tomorrow morning...

No comments: