Tuesday, June 9, 2009

First Trip and Visit from the Grandparents

On Saturday, May 30, we attended my cousin's wedding in New York. Luckily, I was able to fit into a dress that I already had and I didn't need to shop for a new dress. Although I still need to lose 4-5 pounds, most of my dresses didn't fit because my boobs are way bigger now that I'm nursing. I am still fairly self-conscious about my body so I went ahead and bought some Spanx and they did the trick to flatten out my tummy.



It was the first trip we took with Ian and it was a lot of fun. He did great in the car on the way to New York and slept the entire 3 hours. At the wedding, I left Ian with the babysitter, but brought him out during the cocktail hour where he was a big hit. :-) We enjoyed the rest of our evening and I checked in with the babysitter frequently.

On Sunday, we went to New Fairfield, CT, where I grew up. I really wanted to show my husband the house in which I spent my childhood. We wandered around the property and as we were about the leave, the owner of the house saw us and invited us in for a tour. So that was pretty cool. She had already given the tour once to my brother and his kids and was happy to do it again for me. A lot of the house was the same as it was when I lived there (including the brown/mirrored upstairs bathroom), but the new owner renovated the kitchen and the master bedroom. Here are some pictures of the outside of the house:


We drove back on Sunday afternoon and we had to stop once to feed Ian and change his poopie diaper. But I would call it a very successful trip!

Since then, we have gone to two mommy groups. Last Tuesday, Ian weighed 13 pounds, 6 ounces and today, at 12 weeks, he weighed 14 pounds. I love my big boy! He's a very happy child (although I wish he napped better and slept through the night)!



Today we broke out the Bumbo seat and Ian loved it. I'm so glad I remembered to take it out of the closet.



My parents have been visiting since we went to the wedding and have really enjoyed spending time with the baby. He is flashing his gummy grin everywhere and really babbling now. My mother spent lots of time with the baby while my father, once again, did lots of projects. He has really improved our house. He dug out the grass along the side and back of the house and made mulch beds. And we went to Home Depot and picked out a bunch of plants and he planted them. The outside of the house looks so great now. And he also did a lot of work in the basement. It's now pretty much done down there! My father is going to spend his last day here sanding and painting the molding that he installed today. The next very big project is converting the unfinished storage room downstairs into a finished guest room. Once we have a second child, my parents will be staying in this guest room and so my dad has a vested interest in getting it done and making it pretty.

No comments: